Sizzle Web Design Ltd - £7k-£9k – Competitive and dependent on experience
Sizzle Web Design are a multi award winning agency based at the Sharp Project, a hub of creativity serving clients around the globe with digital media services. At Sizzle Web Design we’re always willing to listen to new ideas, fresh concepts and basically anything our staff can bring to the table. So if you’re looking for a career where your talent can directly assist the business, we might just be who you’re looking for.
Our Junior Developer role is perfect for someone who is hungry to learn and progress. Ideally, you’ll have some education and experience in computer sciences, especially exposure to coding, HTML and CSS – however this is not essential as we are looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking candidate over qualifications. Working in a team with varying levels of experience, you’ll benefit from full support from our experienced senior developers. You’ll get to develop your own skills and gain experience working on a wide range of varying clients. We work with a wide and varied range of clients from well-known hoteliers to government institutions.
The role will include a degree of site maintenance, updates and enhancements and support, assisting senior developers on larger projects as well as tackling your own smaller projects from start to finish. You’ll have the opportunity to join one of Manchester’s premier web agencies, enhance your own CV, whilst developing your own core skillset as a developer and member of the team based in our fantastic office space at The Sharp Project. Sound like a role for you?
- Understanding of HTML, CSS and JS.
- Experience of creating standards compliant and accessible HTML.
- Working knowledge of MySQL/MSSQL technologies and the SQL language.
- Experience of using CSS (including CSS3) and how to adapt it to your advantage.
- Ability to work to deadlines to produce high quality work.
- Good organisation and time management skills.
- The ability to take responsibility for your own work and managing your time/progress is essential.
- Confidence and clarity in communication both internally and externally – the role will have an amount of interaction with clients.
- Applicants should also be aware of and know how to cater for common SEO issues.
Extra Skills: Got a bit more? Well, you’ve got our attention now:
- Understanding and experience in .NET coding, especially C#.NET.
- Working knowledge of other server-side coding, including PHP.
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming.
- Working with APIs.
Sizzle Web Design Ltd are looking for the following:
- Passionate about web development and the use of technology.
- Great work ethic, willing to go that extra mile when needed.
- You want to advance your own learning and skillset within a .NET web development environment.
- Is thorough and has attention to detail.
- Motivated and enthusiastic.
- Shows initiative outside of what you are directly tasked with.
- Strives to work to deadlines.
- Good at solving problems
- A team player, sharing your opinions and willing to help others.